Restaurant Floor Manager- Los Angeles, CA
BUTLER HOSPITALITY - Restaurant Floor Manager
Butler Hospitality is a Hospitality Tech Company that serves the world’s best hotel operators (Hersha, Real Hospitality, Crescent, M&R) to increase the efficiency of their food and beverage operations. Butler Hospitality takes over restaurants inside of full-service hotels and transforms their kitchens into delivery hubs that provide virtual room service and catering to nearby limited- and select-service hotels.
Read more about Butler's expansion plans:
About the role:
The second in command to the Restaurant Floor Manager is the overall operation while developing and maintaining a high-performance team that achieves financial and company objectives. Provides a level of entrepreneurial business sense and manages the hiring, training, and empowering of employees to run the operation.
- Engaging leadership that inspires and empowers the team.
- Responsible for the strategic direction for the departments of responsibility.
- Creates a dynamic and positive work environment that accurately represents the brand.
- Make certain that areas of accountability are executed in uncompromised levels. Proper utilization of resources is a must.
- Oversee facility and equipment in the responsible areas to make sure they are in complete working order.
- Ensures consistent, high-quality service standards are maintained in the assigned hub through effective training and feedback mechanisms.
- Ensures high quality of food items, service and presentation.
- Produces regular and special reports; maintains required records and files.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and provides on-going communication to staff to deliver first-class service with unmatched elegance and professionalism while promoting a culture of accountability.
- Evaluates employee performance through operational audits to improve convention services service and build reward and recognition systems.
- Propose staff changes in assigned areas, including the hiring, promotion, demotion, and vacations, leaves of absence and release of staff.
- Creates an encouraging atmosphere that stimulates and motivates employees to acceptable levels of turnover, absenteeism, and promotions.
- Communicates with partnering departments and peers to achieve superior customer satisfaction and efficient utilization of manpower and facilities.
- Maintains close work relationships with other departments and their leaders to promote feedback, cross training and efficient operations.
- Two years management experience required.
- Ability to communicate fluently in the local language and English of the workplace both verbally and nonverbally. Fluent in English is encouraged.
- Exceptional and professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Food & Beverage Supervisory experience is required.
- Must have a good understanding of how the job responsibilities relate to other area of the Hotel and specific areas of the Food and Beverage operations
- Assist with the management all hub employees to include all entertainment.
- Must be able to work any shift, any day and long hours when necessary.
- Recognized experience in hiring, training and empowering employees who are also held responsible and given consistent feedback.
- Capacity to foster productive relations with peers and assure teamwork is the prevailing way to do business.
- Excellent guest service skills. Ability to respond to handle difficult or stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
WHY BUTLER HOSPITALITY?
- Great pay and benefits
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Bonus Structure
- Development and training program
Proof of vaccination will be required upon job offer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.